How We Will Keep You Safe
COVID-19 has impacted the lives of many, and at Paul S. Yi, DDS, PA, we want you to know we’re doing everything possible to keep those who are coming in and out of our doors as safe and healthy as possible. We’ve taken extra precautions to enhance your protection following the guidelines set forth by the American Dental Association (ADA) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Keeping our patients’ and employees’ safety as our number one priority.
As dental professionals, we are fortunate to have one of the highest standards in infection control policies, which allow us to create a germ-free, sterile, and clean environment.
For additional information, please call us at (410) 567-0220 or contact us online.
Patient Operational Changes
To combat the spread of the virus and other infections, we’ll be adhering to the following measures to maximize your safety:
- We wear our personal protective equipment. The clinical staff wears two face masks, a surgical mask and a KN95 face shield, as well as a hair net. Of course, they are smiling underneath their equipment as well!
- The front staff always wears a mask, and the entire office wears lab jackets. We also check every staff’s temperature in the morning daily.
- We have placed hand sanitizers throughout the office to ensure that the spread of germs is minimal. Our air purifiers are spread throughout the office to constantly keep the air clean.
- We also disinfect the office with Hypochlorous Acid, which sterilizes up to 99.9% of pathogenic bacteria and viruses within 30 seconds. Our team is sure to sterilize the equipment between each patient, disinfect all surfaces, and clean anything that has come into contact with the patient.
- Every patient we see is required to fill out a pre-screening questionnaire for COVID-19. The front team measures all patients’ temperatures upon entering the office.
- We also try our best to minimize any contact between patients, which means that we require our patients to wait in the parking lot until they are called into the office. Even in the waiting area, we enforce social distancing measures so every patient remains at least six feet apart.
- The clinical team prepares a pre-rinse for every patient seen in order to eliminate currently existing bacteria in the mouth.
Staff Operational Changes
Our staff is frequently screened throughout the day and temperatures are documented. We also have ongoing training for proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) protocols to practice correct social distancing within the office.
Importance of Clean Air in a Dental Office
Dr. Paul Yi has always valued the health and safety of our patients above all else, and the protocols being practiced during the COVID-19 pandemic are simply a reflection of that. His compassion and dedication, as well as that of our entire team, will help keep our patients as safe as possible while we navigate these unprecedented times.
For more information on our new safety protocols, contact our office today at (410) 567-0220!