Invisalign in Catonsville & Glen Burnie
Giving People a Reason to Smile
As you can hear from its name, Invisalign consists of plastic aligners made from polyurethane. They are so clear that they almost appear invisible. Not only are these aligners transparent, showing off your natural teeth, but they are totally removable, unlike traditional bonded or cemented braces that are stuck on to your original teeth. Since you can remove them at any moment you will never be limited in chewing or talking, nor will flossing and brushing your teeth be a pain. Our doctors at Paul S. Yi, DDS, PA are highly qualified and experienced in this amazing innovation. You can count on us to supply you Invisalign in Catonsville.
The Advantages of Invisalign
In addition to their wonderful transparent quality, Invisalign aligners have so many benefits.
Just some of these advantages include:
- A greater selection in your diet: One of the reasons why so many people detest braces is because the metal frame prevents them from eating a lot of food that they love. The benefit of Invisalign aligners is that you can finally keep enjoying your favorite foods, even the crispy and crunchy ones, from apples to popcorn.
- More comfort: Unlike the painful, tight pressure caused by metal braces and their constricting wires, the flexible and thin substance which creates Invisalign is very comfortable and non-irritating.
- Invisalign for grinding teeth: Sometimes, our patients suffer from continuously clenching their jaws or grinding their teeth at night, but Invisalign aligners will take care of this habit for you. You can use them as nightguards, which will help prevent your teeth from wearing down or settling into a locked position. Invisalign helps to align the patient's teeth while also correcting the bite, which can significantly correct the habit of grinding teeth.
- Freedom to smile: Sadly, many people in the past felt so self-conscious about their braces they would avoid smiling. Invisalign aligners will return you to your full sense of confidence and joy.
- Increased dental hygiene: Once you have these aligners, it becomes so much easier to remove them right when you are ready to brush your teeth. This will also protect your teeth from cavities, decay, and any other dental complications you would have received from having too many metal wires.
How Long Does it Take for Invisalign to Straighten Teeth?
The amount of time necessary for Invisalign to properly straighten your teeth can be anywhere between 6 to 18 months. However, there are a number of factors that can affect the length of treatment, including:
- The severity of the patient's case
- The patient's oral hygiene practices
- Tooth alignment
- Crowded teeth
Size and number of gaps in teeth
Dependable Care No Matter Your Situation
You might a teenager receiving your first set of teeth alignment treatments, or you may be an adult whose teeth need to be aligned many years later. No matter how complex your situation may seem, however, you can rely on our office at Paul S. Yi, DDS, PA to provide you with full and comprehensive support and care.
“Dr. Yi has an awesome bedside manner and really focuses on making you feel comfortable. He takes his time, makes sure the experience is as pain-free and as comfortable as possible.”- Mark W.
“Each visit has been timely, pleasant, and extremely professional by the entire staff!”- Barbara M.
“I've been a patient for the past 3 years and I highly recommend Dr. Yi! Both the quality of work and overall customer service is the best I've experienced with a dentist.”- Joseph L.